You have the right to request that Century delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546, et seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Phone: +1 (888) 914-9661 PIN: 846 453
- Visiting www.centurycommunities.com
- E-mailing us as email@example.com
- Sending mail to us at Century Communities, Attn: Privacy Officer 8390 E. Crescent Parkway, Suite 650, Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Before responding to a request by you, we will ask you to verify your identity using personal information you have previously provided to us, in order to protect your privacy. The manner in which we do so will vary on how you make a request and what is being requested. For example, if you submit an inquiry via email, we will respond with an email requesting verification. Otherwise, we may ask you verbally if you make this request over the phone (or in person). We may not be able to oblige all requests, as we are prohibited from disclosing some information.
In the event that you are using an authorized agent to request a disclosure or the deletion of your information, please send us a signed letter, including your name, email, your agent's name, and your agent's email, authorizing your agent. We may then ask you to verify your identity with us by email before responding to a request by your agent. Alternatively, you may directly confirm with us that the agent is authorized to submit the request.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request. For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights, below.